My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Saturday, May 15, 2010

WHAT GOOD IS A LABEL ANYWAY?

I spent time this morning adding labels to the blog posts I've written. Well, there was that, and listening to my 4 year old spell the word butt over and over again.

The tags I added to my posts will help potential readers locate this blog more easily. By adding key words, people conducting searches on the internet are more likely to find this site. Pertinent labels work as tiny advertisements, very similar to what you might come across in a newspaper or magazine.

My youngest child, coincidentally enough, also attracted attention by using a key word. He used the label butt to gain attention. It worked! His mother and I both asked him to report to our room for a quick discussion about proper etiquette.

So what is the point of a good label anyway? It attracts attention. Simple as that. And as more people are exposed to your writing, the better chance you have of gaining readers.

I'd love to write more, but it is time for me to sign off. It's not too often that we get sunny weather with temperatures in the 70's in Western Washington at this time of the year. So, I must take advantage of it and get outside to shovel some dirt. 

Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, my children still do that kind of thing too. It makes me laugh (although not in front of them...well, I try to hide it anyway) when they say a word they know they're not supposed and look at me for my reaction. "Stupid" is one of our big no-no's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kids crack me up as well. And they do a marvelous job at putting us parents on the spot and seeing how we react. What's a grown up to do when having a "social manners battle" with such a sweet and innocent child? I feel like many times we're put in a darned if we do and darned if we don't situation. Such are the adventures of parenting. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!