My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Thursday, July 15, 2010

YOUR STORY HAS BEEN SUBMITTED

After submitting my story, "Macaroni and the Binky," to a couple of agents and patiently awaiting a response for over four months (and getting none - not even a rejection letter), I decided to try something different.  It's only so long that I can keep barking up the same tree, ya know? 

I told myself when I began the submission process that I would give a few agents first crack at my work. If they rejected it or didn't respond to my queries, I would go a different route. Since not hearing even a peep from those professionals, I chose an alternate path to possible publication.

I know what you're probably thinking. "Did Moen decide to self publish?"

And the short answer to that question is, "No, not at this time."

Instead, I've worked like a dog to rewrite "Macaroni ..." yet again. This time, I've edited and revised it down to a lean and mean 497 words. I had to cut my story down to this size to fit the guidelines necessary to submit it for the Cheerios® Spoonful of Stories® New Author Contest. I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and other appendages and hoping maybe that this third time will be the charm.

While I patiently (yet again) await a response that will not arrive until mid October at the earliest, I plan to happily get on with my life. I have several more stories to write, fences to rebuild, camping spots to visit, hiking trails to explore, a classroom to set-up, and a supporting family to love.

Until next time, take care ...

2 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed it is one or the other of us! LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the show of support! Good luck to you, too.

    ReplyDelete

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!