My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Question of the Day

How did you eat me into your body?

My wife got asked this question today by my 4 year old. My son really just wanted to know how he was conceived. But, I'm sure happy he asked for Mom to explain it instead of Dad.

When the nosy Daddy (me, of course) overheard the conversation that was building steam, I let out a spastic laugh and snort. Then, while attempting to stifle more giggles, I quickly shielded my face with the newspaper. I didn't want to curb the conversation they were having. And, secretly, I wanted to see how my wife would answer his strangely worded inquisition.

My wife then calmly explained to my son that Mommies and Daddies are like puzzle pieces. When you put them together, a baby is made. My son said, "Oh." Then, he flopped back down on the floor to play with his race cars.

My wife is so smart! Well done, Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!