My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Critique Group Invitation – The Journey Continues

I am thrilled to announce that the next chapter of my journey to becoming a published writer continues!

I was recently contacted to join a Critique Group in my local area. Needless to say, I jumped out of my socks at this wonderful offer, and can’t wait for our group’s meetings to start later this month!

For those of you that are unaware of what a Critique Group is, I will attempt to give you a brief explanation: In a nutshell, a Critique Group is composed of a small group of both published (ideally) and aspiring writers and/or illustrators. Regular gatherings are held, generally about one time per month, to share projects, get advice on how to make positive changes to our work, and to help each other navigate the mazes and roadblocks on the way to publication. Some groups also use the internet to send manuscripts back and forth so members can get help with editing and revisions between (or in lieu of) face to face meeting times.

The members of our newly formed group are both published (yey!) and unpublished authors like me, as well as a couple of illustrators of children’s books. I am practically salivating at the chance to get my first story ripped apart (nicely please!!!) by my writing peers.

I will keep everyone apprised of how things go after my first meeting in a few weeks. Until then, be safe and keep reading!

(Original Posting Date - October 1, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!