My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Daughter’s Day at School

Today was a day that my daughter got to go to school with Daddy. She doesn’t “officially” start school in her own class until next week. But, since she loves learning so much, she often comes to my classroom on her days off.

While at school with me, my daughter enthusiastically participates in all the activities, and even completes the assignments along with the rest of my students. In fact, she feels like she’s such a part of my class that she begged me to assign her a desk. She even made herself a “name tag” while I was out of the room at a meeting in an attempt to prove to me that she was really serious about getting her own seat! I finally succumbed to her pleadings, and selected a school desk for her next to all the other kids. As if that wasn’t enough, she then twisted my arm until I assigned her a social studies book, a reading book, math materials, and a journal for her to write in while she attended class.

I guess things could be worse though. She could be a difficult child that hated school. Then, whenever she got in trouble in my classroom, I would have the unenviable task of having to call my wife on the phone to report her poor behavior…

(Original Posting Date - September 3, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!