My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009

School Begins!

School is officially off and running and I couldn’t be more thrilled!

First impressions: I am so lucky! I have a cohesive group of friendly, well-behaved, gifted, and talented students.

In fact, I was so excited by how unbelievably respectful, attentive, and hard working my students were on the first day, that I called my wife during recess time. I told her that I was ready to cry. Showing great concern, she asked me what was wrong. I told her that my students are wonderful, and that I was looking forward to spending the next 10 months teaching them and working as a team. Naturally, she was relieved.

After a brief conversation, I ended the call. A smile crossed my face as I hung up the phone and sat down in the closest, kid-sized plastic chair.

(Original Posting Date - September 1, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!