My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dogs

I just came across an interesting story that I wanted to share …

I have a friend who has a furry, long-haired dog. She was complaining about how hot it’s been in Southern California lately, and claims that the excessive heat is causing her dog to shed much more than usual. “That’s okay though ‘cause I have my super, duper “wonder” brand dog brush (I changed the actual brand name of the brush because I don’t want to tout the product) that I use to comb my dog’s hair daily so he doesn’t shed a ton of it all over the house!” She then gushes excruciatingly, ad nauseam, for several paragraphs about the merits of this special brush.

Another friend then replied that he had an easier way to deal with the shedding dog problem. Instead of buying the stupid “wonder brush” to handle the excessive shedding, he did something more reasonable. When he replaced the fabric in his RV, he took a tuft of the dog’s hair in and said, “Match this.” And they did!

It reminded me about something similar that we did in order to control a potential pet problem. Before we got new carpet for our house, we hemmed and hawed over what color to purchase. We were afraid that if we bought the wrong color of carpet, the dogs would track mud in the house during the rainy months and cause a cleaning nightmare. So, instead of stressing about how exactly to keep our new carpet clean, we just had brown carpeting installed so that the mud from the dogs wouldn’t be so obvious. Problem solved!

(Original Posting Date - August 29, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!