My photo
Washington, United States
www.brianmoen.com

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Leaving My Mark

I spent most of today working on my website. I have spent many, many hours over the past few months teaching myself the HTML needed in order to create the website you are now viewing. It’s been a sometimes tedious journey researching and learning all of the necessary skills and coding. But, now that it is up and running, I feel that the time I spent creating it was well worth it. To me, I found it to be a miraculous thing to see how the arranging of various words, numbers, and symbols on a page can “magically” turn in to something as interesting as a website!
Come to think of it, creating my website was very similar to the feeling I get while I’m working on a book. While I’m developing my stories, people don’t see the hours of labor that I put in to finding just the right way and combination of words to make my characters come alive to my readers. And, when I’m editing and revising my stories for the 10th, 11th, and 12th (or more) times to make them perfect, there’s no one there to cheer me on to the finish. My reward comes in my struggle to do my best; my fight to make a something from nothing that will affect many generations within and beyond my lifetime. This is my passion – to “leave my mark.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

In advance, THANKS for leaving any comments or suggestions!